Monday, January 28, 2008

JANUARY 28: WHAT DO YOU FEED A BISHOP???


What do you feed a Bishop, a District Superintendent, and 18 other pastors? Why pork barb-e-que of course! Today's main activity for me other than my women's bible study that I lead was hosting a luncheon for 20. Not just any 20 but a gathering of our church conference's head THE BISHOP! I probably shouldn't have capitalized that, but it was fun doing so. Our Bishop is really just another one of the many pastors in our conference. He just happens to be the top one....the boss! He is really a very normal and nice guy, though he is the BISHOP! So what they got was normal food: prk barb-e-que, cold law, potato salad and potato chips. For dessert cake! their choice of chocolate or lemon.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Isn't it nice to know we all really are the same??!! LOL I'm glad it went well!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Lol! Sounds like you had a great time thinking this through! I trust it all went really, really well and everyone was happily full of food at the end!