Wednesday, January 23, 2008

HONOR GOD & HONOR OTHERS

O GOD, CHANGE my heart. Transform the attitudes from which my actions grow that I may honor you and others in my daily interactions. Amen.

- Mary Lou Redding
The Upper Room Disciplines 2007

This is an attitude that once obtained I think would lead to contentment. A good prayer for the day and something to work on every day. And yes this is written by the Olympic skater Mary Lou Redding! She is an amazing woman. I wonder if she is content. Something tells me she just might be or that she is walking the same path I am.......

3 comments:

Lee said...

What a beautiful quote!!

thinker said...

a very thought-provoking thought... and a prayer that could be a hard one to pray, but oh the joy that could be ours if we just took the plunge and prayed this prayer each day for a year! thanks Suzanne for including this in your 365-day project!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What a wonderful prayer. I haven't a hope of living up to it in my own strength. Thank the Lord He walks with us and gives us help!