Saturday, January 26, 2008

JANUARY 25 DEAR JANE!


I took this picture yesterday as representative of my day. No this is not a very strange looking "Dear Jane" letter, but a part of a "Dear Jane" quilt. A very small part. 5x5inches of an approximately 90x110 inch quilt. The original quilt was made by Jane Stickles during the Civil War era. I began my representation of it in January 2005. Yes you read that correctly 2005....

I have maybe 20 blocks out of well over 100 completed. Obviously I have a long way to go before this project is complete! I've been meaning to begin working on it again and January 24 was the day I began. January 25 was when I documented my resuming work on this very long term project. Hopefully by documenting it here I will continue to work more on it so I can show more here. Of course I still haven't gotten my hair cut, see JANUARY 18...........

2 comments:

Lee said...

Ummm.........please to explain to me someday what a Dear Jane quilt is???? See??? I really need to join your quilting group!!

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

This looks like a lovely design block for a quilt though I have no idea what a Dear Jane quilt is, either, so I'm with you, Lee!

*sigh* I am cleaning out the storeroom at the back of the garage and am coming across sewing/embroidery projects I started DECADES ago....

Clever of you to take a picture with the ruler next to your block, Suzanne. It really shows the size well :-)