Saturday, January 02, 2010

NEED TO REMEMBER!

I didn't get a chance to read a lot of my e-mail yesterday due to a frenzy of quilting that needed to be completed (and was) so went back this morning before I begin on a frenzy of quilt binding and read it. The thought from my daily Upper Room Reflection is one I need to remember in the coming days and months and actually its a good one to remember the rest of my life. It is a quote taken from the book The Uncluttered Heart: Making Room for God During Advent and Christmas by Beth Richardson.

"God of new beginnings, guide me through the seasons of the coming year. Whatever hardship or joy I face, let me face it standing with you. Whatever building up or tearing down I encounter let me take action under your care. For you are the creator of every season. Amen"

I guess it is actually a prayer that I need to start each day with. I see a craft project in the works. I think I need to make up pretty posters with this to put up all around the house, in my car and in my office. Maybe even a small laminated card I can carry in my wallet. I think I will need to read this over and over till it is truly written on my heart and in my mind.

1 comment:

thinker said...

what a wonderful prayer...
guide me.... let me face whatever comes my way by standing with you... thanks for sharing it with us :-)