Sunday, March 14, 2010

Momma Said There'll Be Days Like This!

Anyone remember the Shirelles? Well I guess unless you are a child of the 60's you probably don't....they had a song called Momma Said so I may have to introduce them to you or reintroduce them to forgetful children of the 60's.



Lyrics | Shirelles - Mama Said lyrics

Well I've had one of those days today......it began with eye's popping wide open at 3:30 this morning! Not a good thing on the morning where one already lost an hour due to start of daylight savings! Little sleep does not do well for my ability to keep emotions in check....not a good thing on a Sunday morning! Then it's been raining and dreary since Friday....does great things for those emotions already out of control due to lack of sleep! I think you get the idea.

Anyway the day is now over. I survived and did actually get a few things accomplished as the afternoon wore on. I should be in bed trying to catch up on the missed sleep, but mind is still going a mile a minute and till it slows down to a crawl there will still be little sleep. So I listen to music from the 60's and reintroduce myself to the less complicated days of my youth. Similarly this is a pretty uncomplicated little musical ditty as it seems was much of the music of the early 60's.......ah, but the memories.......at least some of them bring a smile to my face which is very very welcome.

Luckily tomorrow will be a new day. The good news is that by Tuesday the sun should be out once again and the temps on the rise as well. Always there is something to look forward to....even on days like this!

No comments: