Saturday, March 20, 2010

IT'S SPRING!!!

Yea, winter is officially over! Spring always brings with it new beginnings and hope. The grass is now green rather than brown, the birds are singing in the morning greeting each new day now, and the sun gives the air a warmth that just plain makes me smile! God is good!

I spent three days this week with a friend at Ocean City, MD and the beach. I love the beach. The sounds and smell of the ocean also make me smile. The smile they produce is in my soul rather than on my face. The sound of the ocean waves rolling and crashing onto the beach fills me with awe. Each wave holds power and a strength that appears to ebb and flows back out to sea only to return once again full of power. It never stops. The ocean waves do not take a break and cease coming onto the shore. Day and night they continue to roll ashore; coming in and going back out and coming in again. I never tire of watching the ocean waves or of listening to them. I can never look at them and not be reminded of the love of God. It never ceases just as the waves never cease and there is power in his love.

That reminds me of a verse in the song, The Power of His Love it says:

Lord renew my mind
As Your will unfolds my life
In living every day
By the power of Your love.

That is my prayer as we move into spring and the new beginning that it brings. I pray that the Lord will renew my mind and that as his will unfolds in my life I will have the courage and strength to live in it every day resting and relying on the power of his love!



No comments: