Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DPL DAY 5

So far so good....having this challenge has saved me from making unthoughtout purchases multiple times already. Grocery shopping as planned has only been for perishables such as dairy, bread and produce items. All main entree items are coming from freezer and or pantry. Of course after 17 days of eating out of the freezer there probably will be a major restocking trip necessary, but that is good as it will mean that I will have new stuff in my freezer and maybe I can just plan to do this once a month. I think I spend more wisely when doing one major trip rather than multiple smaller ones.

Also, though I have been tempted in the area of craft spending (Creative Memories has a wonderfully tempting booth at the county fair) I remind myself to flex my saving muscles and have been able to resist. Of course I have been drooling over the new SU catalog that is out, but I have not and will not place an order till sometime in September and hopefully by then some of the "I really need that set!" will have worn off.......

So with this have I saved and money for the savings account...I do have two checks that will make there way there on Friday. That feels real good. So on to the next few days....and hopefully keeping up the good work...........

No comments: