Thursday, August 21, 2008

BREAK FROM FAIR NEWS

Just a little break from the pictures and news of the fair....though I do have more. I thought I would report on how I am doing with the DPL Olympic Challenge. There are only a few days left. Fortunately I have been so busy with first the fair and then catching up with everything at home and work that I didn't get done while at the fair that I haven't really had time to do much shopping. Using food from the freezer and pantry has been pretty easy. I have both a big freezer and a big pantry. I have been to the store but only for perishables like bread, fruit and dairy products. I am really liking this way of shopping. I may just try doing one major shopping trip a month where I stock up on meats, fish and chicken and canned and frozen foods. Being sure to get a good selection and then throughout the month I can just shop out of my own freezer. Though I don't get to take advantage of all the sales doing this I think I still will save money because I am not good at shopping sales anyway and I always buy more than I need each trip if I am in store too long. If I only go in to get two or three things when I get the perishables it would be a quick in and out! I'll have to think on this. I actually think I can go another week before I begin scraping the bottom of the barrel on choices.

As for my craft purchases. I have only gotten a spectrum ink pad for this weekends VSN challenges. That's it since August 8 and I am working hard to actually go till September. Then I have a few things I've really been wanting from Papertrey Ink and that will be my September purchases till the end of the month when I go to my ffirst stamp show....all bets are off then, but I will work to be good. I just don't know what to expect anfd I don't want to make promises I can't keep.

So that is how my Olympic challenges have been going. Not totally spending free but pretty darn close.

No comments: