Saturday, July 12, 2014

MUSIC!

I attended a concert at my church tonight. Technically it wasn't the best concert I have attended, but it was wonderful the less. It was a Fred Waring Reunion concert. I have a long history with Fred Waring arrangements. Mainly through church choir music. But I also remember my mom talking about Fred Waring and the Pennsylvanians. I would have loved to be able to share the concert with her. All the singers and musicians had at one time sang with Fred Waring. The oldest was an 87 year old gentlemen. He sang with such spirit.

The program began with a video on the history of Fred Waring and his impact on the music scene in the US.  It was quite interesting and I learned that he was responsible for the Waring blender I got from my parents in 1983 when they moved to FL. He really was quite an amazing person.

I've always known that I have a strong emotional response to music. I not only hear it, but I actually feel it. I can loose my self in music and it is one of the few things that can actually move me to tears. As I listened to the music tonight I found my self quietly singing along with a number of the songs. I also found myself uplifted and at times becoming mournful for love that was lost. The did several favorites for me including The Impossible Dream from Man of LaMancha. . All in all it was quite an emotional evening. Not at all what I expected. 

Did I learn anything from the evening.....YES....I've added another item to to growing list of things I am looking for should I ever have a relationship once again. I would like a man who can share in my love of music and if not share in the feeling of the music, at least understand my emotional response to music and my feeling it.

I just had to post the album I found while searching You Tube for Fred Waring. It is the album I grew up with at Christmas and thought I would never hear again. What memories. Now I can come to my BLOG and listen to it when I want.....How wonderful,

No comments: