Tuesday, January 22, 2013

MORE ON ACCEPTANCE

Acceptance seems to be a theme for me at the moment.  I have a devotional book I read every morning before getting out of bed. I use it to help me focus on what is important for the coming day.  This morning the reading stated:

"Don't waste energy regretting the way things are or thinking of what might have been.  Start at the present moment--accepting things exactly as they are--and search for MY way in the midst of those circumstances."

The "My" is Jesus.  Yes this mornings reading was I think just meant for me. I still struggle with acceptance of where I am in life.  I love FL and I do not regret moving down here.  In my heart I know it was the correct move for me, but.....there always seem to be buts.....I need to give up the buts and move fully forward into my future.

No comments: