Wednesday, April 22, 2009

WOW NOT SINCE FEBRUARY!

It has been a along time.......I am back here looking at "Life Out My Window". I am looking and reflecting....there are some major life changes that will be going on in my life and hopefully by looking out my window I can make some sense of them.

Shortly after my third child was born, 23 years ago, I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis. It was pretty bad at the time and I was on large doses of Ibuprofen and Plaquinel. It was a rough time for me, a relatively young mother of three dealing with the thought of having a non curable disease that could result in disfigurement and chronic pain. Eventually I got use to the idea and miraculously over time my RA went into remission and I didn't really have any pain; just a few knuckles that were a bit larger than they probably should have been.

Over time I pretty much forgot about the fact that I had this disease (remember it is not curable) and I went on living life as normal people do. I was even able to stop all medications....for about 20 years I was symptom free. Well no longer....it has come back with a vengeance and I now am faced with needing to make a few major life adjustments. I have no doubt that I will be able to make the necessary adjustments....I just need to figure out what they all are and how to work and live with them. The first is accepting that the medication I have been given to deal with this is a poison....the concept of using a poison to be a help is not an easy one I am finding....that is what I am dealing with today!

No comments: