Friday, May 28, 2010

LIFE QUESTIONS.....

I just finished reading a short book by Nora Ephron called I Feel Bad About My Neck. This is a fun book for women at "that" stage of life. That meaning 55+. Lots of chuckles came out while reading it as well as a few sighs..... Toward the end of the book Nora lists a number of questions she says she "noodles over". Interesting that many of these questions are ones I too have "noodled" over. Not sure I have any more answers to them than she does.....but they continue to wander around my mind.

Nora's ponderings that intersect mine are:
  • Do you splurge or do you hoard?
  • Do you live every day as if it's your last, or do you save money in the chance you'll live 20+ more years?
  • Is life too short, or is it going to be too long?
  • Do you work as hard as you can, or do you slow down to smell the roses?
I have a few of my own:
  • Does one ever deserve to make their dreams come true or is making your dreams come true being selfish and possibly irresponsible?
  • Can one be true to self and still love and be loved or in order to love and be loved must you always put others desires first and putting self second?
  • How much is too much?
  • How little is too little?
  • Are you who you think you are or who others think you are.....or are you someone no one knows or understands, other than God and he's not telling.......?????
Yes life is full of questions that if I'm not careful will cause not only my head to swim and spin, but answers that differ depending on the day.....yes total confusion!
I think waking up to words is much easier to deal with.

No comments: