Thursday, May 07, 2009

THOUGHTS TO PONDER

There is a wonderful web site started by a stamping friend and a sister in Christ called Women to Women Sharing Jesus. On it Diane have wonderful posts about her life, faith, and love of Jesus. And she often has guest post by other women. This morning when I was thinking about what I should do for my devotional time (which I confess has been sadly lacking) I thought of this site and decided to see if there was something there that would jump start me. There was!

There was a wonderful posting by Hope with many things to ponder. And they were all things I need to be pondering. Here are her points and some related verses. For here thoughts you will have to visit Women to Women. I am going to ponder on these points one each day for the next 4 days and if I come up with anything profound or maybe even anything at all I Will share my thoughts here in further posts.

1. Give God permission to be your caregiver.

Matthew 11:28

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.


2. Pour out to Him, so He can pour into you

Psalm 34: 6, 18

This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him
And saved him out of all his troubles.

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.


3. Accept and surrender to God’s Truth

Hebrews 4:16

Therefore let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.


4. Remember the Truth

Psalm 40: 1-3

I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the LORD.

No comments: